When someone buys an iPad, I don’t think they’re ever sure exactly how they are going to use it.
Here’s what I love about my iPad, one year on.
- A calendar that’s big enough to actually use (as a long term frustrated PDA/smart phone addict)
- Small enough to carry, big enough to read, instant on.
- Reading a book on kindle app when there’s a spare moment, and having it sync back to my kindle so it knows where I’m up to.
- Using All Stuck Up for my “kan ban” style to do list, and collecting and organising ideas. Evernote’s not bad for collecting notes as well.
- Showing holiday snaps to anyone who dares to ask
- Oh, alright, yes, Angry Birds.
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- Reading emails on the train while listening to music
- Skype. Had a two hour meeting my skype a couple of weeks, ago – easy and effective
- Five Stop Story. A great app with short stories to go, including two of mine.
- YouVersion Bible App. Who’s going to read the passage tonight? Plug the iPad into the stereo, thanks!
- BoM Radar site, especially when out for the day watching kid’s crickets. The amateur meterologists going crazy working out when play is likely to be interrupted or resumed.
- Sharing videos, especially editing work in progress, to talk through changes.
- AmpliTube. Guitar amp emulation, effects pedals, programmable – amazing.
- Aweditorium for browsing new music.
- ABC iView. Catching up on something I forgot to record, while not appearing to use the TV. Oh, and when I remember, IceTV for setting up PVR recordings remotely.
- Sonos controller – music all around the house at my fingertips.
- Twitter and Facebook when out and about – useful when in the middle of a book launch.
- I have been know to surf the web on the iPad while watching TV. Blokey multitasking at its best.
- The Woo button. Just coz.
How about you?